General Requirements for Visa Applicants (Important to note)
Please Note: Applicants who send their visa application(s) by post are advised to attach one of the following for the return of their processed document(s):
- a registered self-addressed envelope with the appropriate stamps (lettre recommendée);
- a pre-paid envelope from any recognised courier service provider.
The Embassy will NEVER send, by post, any document that does not meet the above requirement.
- A visa applicant should be of French/Portuguese nationality or be officially/legally resident in France or in Portugal;
- A visa applicant should submit
- One (1) fully and clearly completed application form in ENGLISH and in CAPITAL LETTERS (Please note that we modify the Visa Application Forms from time to time. Always make sure to return here and download the latest version.);
- One (1) passport-size picture taken not more than three (3) months prior to the date of application and showing full face of the applicant, without a hat, cap, and sunglasses
- Original and photocopy of evidence of legal residence in France or Portugal if he/she is non-French or non-Portuguese national (Residence permit, EDF/telephone bill etc.);
- A valid passport or travel document with expiry date of at least six (6) months from the date of application for the visa that has at least two (2) blank pages;
- A coloured photocopy of the bio-data page of the applicant’s passport;
- Original and a photocopy of the applicant’s International Certificate of Vaccination against Yellow Fever; a letter of consent from his/her parent(s) or legal guardian together with a coloured photocopy of the parent’s or legal guardian’s passport biodata page/photo ID (for applicants under 18 years);
- A VERBAL NOTE from his/her Embassy/Consulate/International Organization accredited to France and Portugal or from the French/Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (for holders of Diplomatic/Service/Official passports)
- a photocopy of applicant’s full flight ticket or a print-out of applicant’s flight reservation
- NB – Please remember to book an appointment on the website before coming to the Embassy.