The Ghana Embassy wishes to inform the general public that the Kotoka International Airport – Accra, will re-open and resume operations from Tuesday, 1st September,2020. All persons who wish to travel to Ghana are to note the following guidelines:
- Disembarking passengers must wear a face mask.
- Upon disembarking from the aeroplane, each passenger will undergo a mandatory covid-19 test at the arrival hall of the airport, at a fee ($150 dollars or its equivalent) to be borne by the passenger. The test result will be available within 30 minutes.
- Any passenger arriving in Ghana must be in possession of a negative covid-19 PCR test result from an accredited laboratory in the country of origin. The test should have been done not more than seventy-two (72) hours before the scheduled departure from the country of origin. All airlines have been instructed to ensure compliance with this directive for all passengers wishing to travel to Ghana, and those airlines who fail in this regard will be duly sanctioned.
- Children under the ages of five (5) years will not be required to undergo testing at the airport.
- Passengers who test positive for covid-19 will be handled by the health authorities for further clinical assessment and management.
- Passengers who test negative can thereupon enter Ghana to go about their lawful activities and will be advised to continue to observe covid-19 safety precautions during their stay in Ghana.
Please note that the land and sea borders of the republic of Ghana remain closed to human traffic until further notice.