VISA TYPE - TRANSIT VISA:
A visa/connecting flight ticket to the country of destination.
SPECIAL NOTE ON VALIDITY OF VISAS
- A single entry visa has a three (3) months validity from the date of issue
- Three (3), six (6) and twelve months’ multiple entry visas have three (3), six (6) and twelve (12) months validity, respectively, from the date of issue. However, the period of permitted stay in Ghana is determined by the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) at the points of entry, usually sixty (60) days.
- In all cases if the holder does not enter Ghana within the period of validity indicated, the visa becomes invalid.
- Visitors may extend their permitted stay in Ghana by applying to the Director of the GIS for consideration.
|Type of Visa||Fee (€)|
|Multiple Entry (3 months)||100.00|
|Multiple Entry (6 months)||150.00|
|Multiple Entry (12 months)||200.00|
|Fast Track/Emergency Service||Extra 50.00|
Standard/Normal - Five (5) working days
Fast track/Emergency - Forty-eight (48) working hours
NB: The visa application process begins ONLY upon receipt of the originals of the visa application form and supporting documents at the visa section of the Embassy.
In exceptional cases, certain applications shall be referred to Ghana for prior approval. In such cases the applications may take much longer than the usual processing time.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
Payment of visas can be done either by:
- Cash at the Embassy
- ‘Mandat Cash’ if you are in France and international money order if you are in Portugal;
(the above can be obtained at the post offices in the name of the Ghana Embassy)
- Online payments (to start soon)
NB: ALL FEES PAID ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
REMINDER: The visa application process begins ONLY upon receipt of the originals of the visa application form and supporting documents at the visa section of the Embassy.
Applicants can also apply through our pilot online portal.