GIPC is a government agency, re-established under the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre Act, 2013 (Act 865) to encourage, promote and facilitate investments in all sectors of the Ghanaian economy. The Centre is an agency that supports local and foreign investors in all sectors of the economy as they seek opportunities to engage in the Ghanaian business domain.
The GIPC co-ordinates and monitors all investment activities falling under Act 865 and assists both domestic and foreign investors in:
- Initiating and supporting measures that will enhance the investment climate in Ghana for both Ghanaian and non-Ghanaian companies.
- Initiating, organizing and participating in promotional activities such as exhibitions, conferences and seminars for the stimulation of investments, to present Ghana as an ideal investment destination.
- Collecting, collating, analyzing and disseminating information about investment opportunities and sources of investment capital, and advising on the availability, choice or sustainability of partners in joint-venture project.
- Formulating investment promotion policies and plans, promotional incentives and marketing strategies to attract foreign and local investment in advanced technology industries and skill-intensive services which enjoy good export market prospects.
- Registering, monitoring and keeping records of all enterprises in Ghana.
GIPC’s key areas for investment are:
- Agric and agro-processing
- Oil and Mining Services
- Manufacturing and Industries
- Information Communication Technology
- Financial Services
Operations of the Centre
- Joint venture search
- Identification of specific projects for investment promotion
- Recommendation of investment incentives and provision of investor support services
- Registration of Technology Transfer Agreements
- Negotiation of Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Investment facilitation and aftercare services
- Monitoring & Tracking
Enquiries about investing in Ghana should be directed to GIPC: